Our philosophy as psychologists at Ridgeway Psychology is to assist our clients to identify and overcome any barriers to development and/or progress and to achieve their potential. We believe in assisting clients to achieve self-actualisation, that is, their individual dreams and ambitions for themselves. We have assisted clients to achieve results in their education, their personal lives, their professional lives and help them feel more motivated and confident.
Children and young people
Children and young people face a wide variety of daily challenges in both their academic, personal and social development. Clients within this age group who have worked with psychologists have commented upon
- Achieving success in their exams.
- Understanding their strengths and weaknesses.
- Feeling motivated to learn and to achieve success in their exams.
- Increased levels of confidence in their learning and social performance.
- Identifying appropriate study styles and learning styles for themselves.
- Being entitled to exam concessions, for example, additional time, a reader, a scribe, the use of a laptop during exams.
- Identification of specific learning difficulties, for example, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia and non-verbal learning difficulties with appropriate advice given to all people, including school staff, to assist with teaching and learning and emotional and behavioural development.
- Identification of specific learning difficulties, for example, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dysgraphia and non-verbal learning difficulties.
- Reports provided which are easy to read and meet the DfES 2006 Working Party Guidelines for Report Writing.
- All reports meet the requirements for application to the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).
- Advice provided to assist students in common reasons for referral, such as reading difficulties, writing essays and other difficulties with studies.
- Exam concessions such as extra time, readers or scribes.
- Support to assist students maximise their own potential and achieve higher levels of success in coursework and exams.
- Individual learning styles identified and explained to students.
- Increased understanding of strengths and weaknesses leading to increased levels of motivation and confidence to succeed.
Employers, employees and organisations in general have commented upon the benefits of drawing upon the expertise of psychologists at Ridgeway Psychology to assist with the overall understanding of individual strengths and weaknesses and how to maximise individual success. Employers and employees have commented upon the benefits of working with psychologists as :
- A greater understanding of colleagues and their individual strengths and weaknesses.
- High levels of output.
- Reduced levels of sick leave.
- Greater participation levels from employees.
- Greater levels of motivation and commitment.
- Increased levels of creativity.
- Increased levels of teamwork and collaborative working.
- Greater understanding of individual needs and how to meet these needs.